The campaign already had some simple branding developed in the form of a logo, but were open to the website influencing the style direction going forward. I used a mixture of bold and dark blues, with kelly green and raspberry red accents to add energy and draw attention to prompts and calls to action. I matched the slab serif of the logo, which worked nicely for headings and other bold hits of text, while balancing it with Museo Sans, a smooth and readible font, for smaller copy.
One difficult aspect of the project was that I had very limited photography to work with. The few photos that the campaign provided were low-quality and generally uninteresting. And frustratingly, there were no plans for a candidate photo shoot. This forced me to get creative and combine what we did have with assets like video screenshots and creative commons photos to create useful imagery.